You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but, if you choose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
ALAN PAINE - WHO WE ARE
Alan Paine is the trading name of Alan Paine Knitwear Ltd which is a company registered in England under number 05455870 with registered address of Unit 4a Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England, NG18 5BU.
For any data protection queries, you may contact us by email (email@example.com) or by telephone (01623 415 760) or by writing to us at: Alan Paine Unit 4a Hamilton Way; Oakham Business Park; Mansfield; Nottinghamshire; England; NG18 5BU
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT & WHY
We may collect and process the following personal data, which includes but is not limited to:-
- Processing Orders - we gather from you information about your product selection, your name, delivery address, your payment method (Sage Pay™ or PayPal™) and any further information needed to fulfil your order (such as any special delivery instructions). The information on your order marked * is mandatory because without it we will be unable to fulfil your order.
- Process Returns & Queries - where you return a product or make a query or complaint, we will keep the information you give us to ensure that we comply with our contractual and regulatory requirements, to ensure appropriate further communication with you, and to improve our products and services.
- Remember You & View Our Site - if you have allowed access to cookies (please see our cookies policy HERE for more information) our Site will automatically remember you the next time you visit, to pre-populate fields to make ordering easier and to improve your experience by directing you to information on our Site that we think will be of interest to you. We also gather details of your visits to our Site, including details of pages viewed, accessed or visited and the length of your visit. If you don’t complete your purchase, will keep track of what you put in your shopping bag for when you return to our Site, and may remind you of what is in your shopping bag via email or banners on other websites.
- Communicate Offers, Events & Competitions - As an existing customer we use legitimate business interests to contact you to ensure you have relevant information about our products, offers and events and use contact details you have given us and information about your previous orders. We have included a full description in our Marketing paragraph below. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at the foot of every email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update Our Records - we will periodically check that the personal data we store for the purpose of communicating with you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please update your account information and preferences on our Site.
- Legal Purposes - we sometimes need to use personal data that we have gathered from you or third parties, or that you have provided to us, to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons - for example to trace fraudulent transactions.We may also use your personal data where it is reasonable for us to do so and where there is no disadvantage to you.
- Report Browsing Information - we will collect information, if available, about your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report to relevant areas of the Alan Paine business. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Alan Paine users your data in the following ways:-
- to process your orders and manage your account
- to communicate with you about our products and promotions;
- to monitor purchase history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site;
- to personalise your repeat visits to our site;
- to contact you about leaving a review once your order has been completed;
- to verify your identity;
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- to prevent and detect fraud or abuses of our site;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Alan Paine is committed to protecting the security of your data. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Alan Paine payment pages are held on Sage Pay™ secure servers or on PayPal™ secure servers. Both Sage Pay™ and PayPal™ are popular and established internet payment gateways. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Sage Pay™ and PayPal™ employ encryption and firewalling techniques to provide the maximum security against fraud and hackers.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not transfer your information to anyone for marketing purposes without your consent. However, it may be necessary for us to share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:-
- In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal information with some of our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers. For example, in order to process your order, we will pass on certain personal data such as your email address and telephone number so our courier can deliver your goods and offer you more suitable delivery options.
- Please note, We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to us and to you, and for no other purposes.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE EEA
We aim to retain all of your personal data within the European Economic Area (EEA) although there may be occasions where it is necessary to transfer your personal data outside the EEA. When required to do so, we will ensure this is performed in accordance with legal requirements. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree that we may send your personal data outside the EEA if required. If you wish for more information about these safeguards, then please make contact with us using the contact details below.
Please note that until your personal data reaches us (for example by email or post), we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data and such transmission is at your own risk. Any personal data submitted online via www.alanpaine.co.uk will be direct to us and secure.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP DATA
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers to provide information to Government organisations, for instance with regard to Value Added Tax (VAT) accounting, and to enable us to fulfil our legal duties with regard to record keeping.
If your online customer account has been inactive for three years, we will contact you to ask if you wish for your online account to remain open. If you do not reply by confirming you wish for your account to remain open, we will close it and delete your personal data. You may close your account and request that we delete your personal data at any time.
We will cease to process your information for marketing purposes when you ask us to do so and / or withdraw any consent you have given us.
We will delete any of your information which we are not legally required to retain on receipt of a formal request to do so.
We would like to send you information about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
If you have signed up for an account with us whilst making an online purchase or consented to receive marketing in any other way, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe at the foot of every email or contact us at email@example.com.
If you visit our site, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. These will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our site on your computer or other devices. These advertisements are provided by us via specialist providers using ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other devices. You can remove or disable cookies at any time (please see our cookies policy HERE for more information).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
A list of all cookies we use and what they are used for can be viewed on our separate cookies page. Some cookies are third party cookies, this means that they are used by a third party in order to assist us in providing certain facilities to you, such as live chat, for analysis purposes and for us to offer support when you leave our site and leave items in your basket.
Under certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include rights to:-
- be informed about your personal information is being used
- access the personal information we hold about you;
- request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider;
- request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold. You can help ensure that your contact information and communication preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at: https://www.alanpaine.co.uk/customer/account/login/;
- request the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured format;
- stop any direct marketing; and
- object to processing of your data.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME?
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to Alan Paine, Unit 4a Hamilton Way, Oakham Business Park, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, England, NG18 5BU.
In most cases we will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We must without delay and in any event within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):-
- confirm what personal data we hold about you;
- provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic form; and
- provide any supporting explanatory materials.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Where requests are obviously unfounded or excessive we can refuse to respond. In such cases, we will, within one month, explain why and will inform you of your right to complain to our Supervisory Authority and to pursue a legal remedy.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
HAVE A COMPLAINT?
If you have any concerns with how we keep and use your information please contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com; or in writing to Alan Paine; Unit 4a Hamilton Way; Oakham Business Park; Mansfield; Nottinghamshire; England; NG18 5BU.
You may also complain to our Supervisory Authority; the Information Commissioner’s Office by using their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by phone on 0303 123 1113. If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.