You have no items in your shopping basket.
- FREE UK delivery on all orders over £75
- Free European Delivery On All Orders Over £150
- No Hassle Returns
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Alan Paine Knitwear Ltd ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, and payment details) whenever you place an order for goods from our site.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below
- fraud prevention and detection
- billing and order fulfilment
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you
- improving our services
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email about products that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group
- our delivery agents and service providers
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Alan Paine Knitwear Ltd; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing [(an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable)],
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details), and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.